Major paint correction
In search of paintwork perfection, leaving the finish better than its original showroom condition.
We use a multitude of machine polishing passes to safely remove defects found on most vehicles (i.e. random deep scratches, bird etchings, bodyshop buffer trails and sanding marks) a Major Paint Correction Detail is perfect for the tired, lifeless car that requires bringing back to life.
Sometimes 100% correction isn’t always possible, compromise has to be made on areas with thin clear coat where it wouldn't be worth sacrificing lacquer and to run the risk of striking through. As a general rule scratches that you can ‘feel’ with your fingernail will usually require paint (However they can be visibly reduced by ‘rounding off’ the edges with correct techniques).
Typically, over 95% correction will be met with our Major paint correction package and is guaranteed to transform your vehicle.
* Wheels cleaned including the barrel (rear face of wheel).
* Wheel arches cleaned by hand and plastic treated.
* Multi stage safe carried out using two bucket method.
* Paintwork decontaminated using fallout remover, tar remover and clay, to remove bonded contaminants.
* Vehicle thoroughly rinsed.
* Hand dried using ultra soft microfibre towels, then blown dry to remove trapped water.
* Paint depth readings taken and noted.
* Trim and rubber taped up to avoid pad/polish contact and to allow full coverage of the panel when polishing.
* 1-3 stages of machine polishing to remove 95% of paint defects.
* Vehicle fully blown down to remove any excess polish or pad dust.
* Paintwork refined using a fine polish via machine to add further gloss and depth to the finish.
* Full Alcohol wipedown to remove all oils from the polishing stages.
* Carefully selected high grade wax applied to paint work.(can be upgraded to ceramic coatings)
* Chrome and stainless steel trim cleaned and polished.
* Wheels waxed with wax/sealant coating.
* Tyres dressed using a long lasting tyre gel.
* Door seals and rubbers treated.
* Interior vacuumed and plastics treated.
* Windows cleaned inside and out.
* Toothpickery using cotton buds, cocktail sticks to ensure all panel gaps and badges are clean and free of polish.
* Final inspection and wipedown.
Bolt on extras available such as Gtechniq ceramic paint protection, alloy wheels removed and sealed, deep interior cleaning, engine bay detail.
Prices start from £895 for a specific quote please contact us. The cost is determined on vehicle size and paintwork condition(deep scratches etc)
This process takes 3-4 days to complete.